End of Practicum Phase III

I've been through 12 weeks of practicum, and this practicum has been the best one ever.

I love everything about SK TRJ, except the canteen food. The admin and teachers there were so nice to us and treated us like real teachers instead of their personal assistants/free labour. Everyone was eager to help us and make our stay the best one possible. I am so in love with that school.

I can only conclude that if the school admin is ok, everything else falls into place. I love SK TRJ, and I even miss the admin there more than the students. =P

In terms of students, other than the discipline level, SK TRJ has a wonderful bunch of kids. They are still...kids, not teenager wannabes. I was impressed that the young girls didn't send the handsome male trainees love letters and stalk them like what I'd previously witnessed in other schools. The kids were really sweet, too. I entered some classes only for relief, but the kids in those classes still greet me and beam at me happily every time I see them. Some children even gave us gifts and cards even though we did not teach them. The whole school practically oozed affection for us.

I had a really great practicum experience in this school, and what's more - I learnt that the small things matter. When the GB smiles at you genuinely every time you meet him, and he sincerely asks if he can help you with anything, it means a LOT. When the technician and clerk in charge of photostating never grumble when you ask them for help and fulfill their duties willingly, it makes you feel like a part of the school with equal rights.

I can only hope to get posted to a school like that in future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Everyone who Speaks the Language can Teach It

Things I wish I had known before I started working

Library membership woots!